- This event has passed.
Affair Recovery – FREE Webinar (Facebook LIVE)
March 16 @ 12:00 pm - 12:40 pmFree
Please join us for this FREE webinar with licensed therapists, Joshua Nichols and Carrie Kyger, on treating couples who have been impacted by INFIDELITY, CHRONIC INFIDELITY, or, even, SEX ADDICTION.
Who should join us?
- Wounded spouses/partners
- Cheating spouses/partners
- Friends/families of couples impacted by infidelity
- Clergy/Ministry leaders who encounter suffering couples
- Professional therapists working with couples impacted by infidelity
What will I learn?
Objective 1: Viewers will come to a better understanding of the depth of the wound (trauma) that is created by a single or multiple acts of infidelity; and how this experience changes couple functioning.
Objective 2: Viewers will learn about the unique but terribly painful experiences of the wounded spouse; for example, PTSD-like symptoms, severe distrust, lack of security, grief and loss.
Objective 3: Viewers will understand just how vital the cheating spouse’s role is to the healing of their partner and couple relationship; and what that role should look like.
Who are the presenters:
Joshua Nichols is licensed marital & family therapist and certified sex addiction therapist. He is a co-owner of Family Solutions Counseling, a multi-therapist group in NW OKC. Josh has served as a professional therapist nearly 15 years. His private practice primarily consists of working with sex addicts and couples impacted by sexual addiction and/or infidelity.
Carrie Kyger is a licensed marital & family therapist and a certified sex addiction therapist candidate. She is also one of the co-owners of Family Solutions Counseling, and has been a practicing therapist for 15 years. Carrie works heavily with partners whom have been wounded by infidelity and sexual addiction. Her group, Picking Up the Pieces, is specifically designed to help wounded partners heal and recover from the trauma involved.
Carrie and Josh (along with their colleague, Rebel Buersmeyer, LMFT, CSAT) have developed a team approach for tackling the issues of infidelity and sexual addiction. One of the services highlighted in this webinar is their AFFAIR RECOVERY COUPLE’S WEEKEND INTENSIVE. Stay tuned to the very end to receive a 10% discount code as a token of appreciation for tuning in.
How do I sign up?
Webinars have never been easier these days. There is NO registration process and NO fees for attending this event. Simply tune in to our Facebook page – www.facebook.com/familysolutionsok – at the designated time (or even during the event) and take in the information. Click here to be redirected to our Facebook Event Page. Select “interested” or “going” to receive reminder notifications.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT SKIP THIS MESSAGE
Facebook LIVE is a public forum; thus, we CANNOT guarantee complete anonymity. However, here are a few TIPS you can abide by to better ensure anonymity:
1. Comments. First of all, we welcome your questions and comments; however, once you post it in the forum, everyone attending will be able to see you name and comment. Thus, if you have questions you would like Carrie and Josh to address in real time, then you are also welcome to email our moderator, Valerie (email@example.com) to better maintain your anonymity.
2. Facebook friends. On Facebook LIVE, if you have a Facebook friend that tunes in, you may be able to see that they have joined. If this is uncomfortable for you, then you are welcome to exit. Just as if you walked into a workshop and recognized someone you know, you may choose to leave to protect your anonymity. However, if this happens, please email us so that we can try to provide you resources since you were not able to attend the webinar (firstname.lastname@example.org). But, this is a good segue to the third point.
3. Diverse audience. Remember that not everyone tuning in has suffered the impact of infidelity in their relationships; thus, it would be unfair to assume so. Some viewers are professionals, ministers, or others working with those in affair recovery. Some viewers may know a friend or relative going through this in their relationship. And, of course, some have experienced, for themselves, the impact of infidelity. But regardless, it’s important to remember that not everyone is tuning in for the same reason.
We look forward to having you!