Mission: To cultivate momentum and inspire change by creating intensity in treatment in individual and couple recovery.
Weekend Couples Intensive
These intensive workshops are designed for couples whose relationships have been deeply wounded by sexual addiction. When addiction is present in a couple relationship, there are three entities that are deeply suffering – both individuals in the relationship (the addict and the partner/spouse), and the relationship itself. When tragedy strikes through addiction, it is very common for treatment to be focused on the addict; after all, their acting out behavior is what created the crisis you now face. Although we do believe there should be a strong focus on the addict, we also believe it to be crucial that the partner/spouse and the couple relationship receive quality therapeutic attention as the wounds present are usually very severe and even threatening to the survival of the relationship.
To the Couple: In the 3 day intensives, you will follow a structured and purposeful program that will primarily include assessment, psycho-education, addict group therapy, partner group therapy, and couple group therapy. Over the course of 3 days, you will gain understanding of the addiction in general as well as patterns and challenges unique to their relationship. You will also develop a specific aftercare plan for recovery that includes involvement in clinical treatment and development of a support network. Lastly, you will develop effective tools for coping, relapse prevention, and self and relationship care.
To the Therapist(s): At Family Solutions Counseling, we highly believe in a team approach to treatment. If you are treating individuals or couples dealing with sexual addiction or sexually compulsive behavior, we would like to collaborate with you as way to effectively help your clients. If your clients attend our intensives, we believe it be of the utmost importance to include you as part of our team approach; thus, we will have the couple sign releases to allow us to collaborate before, after, and during the intensive. Upon completion of the intensive, our plan is to refer them back to you as part of their aftercare with a structured plan for recovery. Additionally, we will offer 2 hours of case consultation at no additional charge.
- To help the couple in crisis begin to organize chaos after their relationship has been disrupted by chronic infidelity.
- To help the couple gain momentum in recovery through intensity and focus.
- To create an effective plan for individual and couple recovery, aftercare, and support.
- To build a working relationship with other mental health professionals as part of creating effective aftercare.
Daily Schedule (subject to change)
- Day 1: Morning (9-11:30), Lunch on your own (11:30-1), Afternoon (1-4:30)
- Day 2. Morning (9-11:30), Lunch on your own (11:30-1), Afternoon (1:-4:30)
- Day 3: Morning & Afternoon (10-2) – Lunch provided.
- $3900 per couple (includes fees for assessments, therapist consultations, materials, and other administrative duties).
- $1170 deposit (non-refundable within one month of intensive date)
- Payment plans available upon request.
- Please submit an online request by visiting our “contact us” page or click on the “Register Now” button below. Fill out form as complete as possible. Be sure to select “3 Day Intensive” to indicate your interest.
- After your request has been submitted, you will be contacted by phone to verify your intent and to answer any questions or concerns you may have. At this time, you will be asked to complete the online application and fax, mail or email it to our office.
- Once your application has been received and your initial deposit has been made, you will be mailed a packet of materials to complete at your convenience prior to the start date of the intensive you selected on your application.
Next Intensive set to begin Friday, April 7th through Sunday, April 9th