You have heard of the intellectual quotient (i.e., IQ), and you likely have heard of emotional intelligence (i.e., EQ), but have you heard of EROTIC INTELLIGENCE. In this episode of RecoveryTV LIVE, Dr. Alexandra Katehakis further discusses the ins and outs of this concept. Dr. Katehakis is a licensed marriage and family therapist, certified sex addiction therapist, AASECT certified sex therapist, public speaker, and published author. Here are some main points she discusses in this episode:
- Defining “erotic intelligence”
- Explanation of the concept of “healthy lust.”
- What about appropriate use of fantasy? You’ll love her “Erotic Martian” metaphor! It’s a bit humorous, but it really drives home her message.
- The importance of developing a healthy sex plan.
- Lastly, THE LIGHTNING ROUND….you will learn about a couple people she’d love to have dinner with as well as a WORD she considers “fun to say” (and more).
Enjoy the interview!
Professional workshops coming up at CHS: Introductory Sex Addiction Treatment Training Program at Center for Healthy Sex – 18 CE’s available for BBS and APA Credit 6 Classes – Saturday’s; October 6 – 27th, November 3rd + 17th and December 8th — find out more at http://www.centerforhealthysex.com > Professionals > Events, Lectures & Trainings.
Check out Dr. Katehakis on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/centerforhealthysex
Tune into Dr. Katehakis’ apple podcast – https://tinyurl.com/ybv8leqs
Book: Erotic Intelligence – https://tinyurl.com/y785a9u6
Workbook: Sexual Reflections – https://tinyurl.com/y8vxrq3c
Book: Mirror of Intimacy – https://tinyurl.com/y7lszut6